HaskellerZ Meetup Group
Main HaskellerZ meetup page.
This repository mainly hosts the slides from past meetups.
The README moreover serves as a drafting document for upcoming meetups.
In general, we'll have a HaskellerZ meetup every last thursday of January until October every year.
Note that we welcome guests and will happily adjust our schedule if they would like to give a talk.
Suggested topics for upcoming meetups
This is a list of meetup topics suggested by HaskellerZ members. If you would like to give a talk about one of these topics or suggest a different one please message the organizers (preferably Martin O.) on HaskellerZ meetup page.
- Type Level Programming (Phantom Types)
- Yesod Framework
- Software Transactional Memory (runtime characteristics)
- Dependent Types for Haskell
- Functional data types (abstractions) vs imperative data types (abstractions)
- Ways of modeling side effects (I/O) in programming languages
- Recent advances in parsing libraries in Haskell
- Conduit, Pipes, IOStreams and similar streaming libraries
ZuriHac 2017 will take place from 9th to 11th of June: https://zurihac.info/
2016-11-24: Andreas Herrmann -
Compiling a simple functional language with LLVM and Haskell
video to be uploaded)
2016-10-27: Carl Baatz - Build yourself a Haskell web framework
2016-07-22 - 2016-07-24: ZuriHac 2016
- 2016-07-22: Bas van Dijk - Functional Programming at LumiGuide (keynote)
- 2016-07-22: Francesco Mazzoli - Parallelizing and distributing scientific software in Haskell
- 2016-07-23: Edward Kmett - Monad Homomorphisms (keynote)
- 2016-07-23: David Luposchainsky - Low-level Haskell: an interactive tour through the STG
- 2016-07-23: Alexander Thiemann - Spock - Powerful Elegant Web Applications
- 2016-07-24: Andres Löh - Generic (and type-level) programming with Generics-Sop (keynote)
- 2016-07-24: Andrey Mokhov - Meet Hadrian: a new build system for GHC
2016-02-25: Viktor Winschel - Modelling Economic Game Theory With Haskell 'n String Diagrams
2016-01-28: Simon Meier - A primer to commercial Haskell programming
2014-01-30: Francesco Mazzoli - What's new in GHC 7.8
2014-02-27: Francesco Mazzoli - An introduction to Agda
2014-03-27: Mihaly Barasz - An introduction to the
2014-04-24: Gergely Risko - Hacking GHC made simple
2014-05-29: Ivan Jovanovic - Monad Transformers and the standard transformer libraries (operational/transformers/mtl)
2014-06-06: ZuriHac 2014 with talks by Simon Marlow and Edward Kmett
2014-07-31: possibly: Matthias Körner - High-performance computing in Haskell: the
2014-09-25: Bas van Dijk - An overview of concurrent programming in Haskell
2015-10-30: Simon Meier - An introduction to the GHC Runtime System
The following libraries were mentioned in the January meetup as something that people would be interested in. Please feel free to volunteer to present one of them.
diagrams, and computing
2013-01-24: Alexander Bernauer - Advanced API design (slides)
Simon Meier - An Introduction to GHC's Haskell execution model
Gergely Risko - Cmdline libraries, intro to TemplateHaskell
2013-05-30: Mihaly Barasz - Intro to the
Thomas Schilling and
Simon Meier - A hands-on introduction to stream fusion.
papers: ICFP 2007 and
more ICFP 2013 papers
2013-07-25: Arvin Moezzi - Theorems for free.
2013-08-29: Zurich FP Afternoon (http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/ZuriHac2013)
- Simon Marlow - Keynote for the Zurich FP Afternoon
- Thomas Schilling - Lambdachine: a JIT compiler for Haskell
- Gergely Risko - Ceh - power user environments to share (slides)
2013-08-30 - 2013-09-01: ZuriHac 2013 (Yay, register here)
2013-09-26: Maximilien Rzepka, Bas van Dijk: Clojure / Haskell : how to compute with probabilities.
2013-10-31: Simon Meier - A hands-on introduction to Hindley-Milner type inference