A simple project using The Movie DB based on Kotlin MVVM architecture and material designs & animations.
How to build on your environment
Add your The Movie DB's API key in your
Tech stack & Open-source libraries
- Minimum SDK level 16
- 100% Kotlin based + Coroutines
- LiveData - notify domain layer data to views.
- Lifecycle - dispose observing data when lifecycle state changes.
- ViewModel - UI related data holder, lifecycle aware.
- Room Persistence - construct database.
- MVVM Architecture (View - DataBinding - ViewModel - Model)
- Repository pattern
Koin - dependency injection
- Material Design & Animations
Retrofit2 & Gson - constructing the REST API
OkHttp3 - implementing interceptor, logging and mocking web server
Sandwich - constructing lightweight API response and handling error responses
Glide - loading images
BaseRecyclerViewAdapter - implementing adapters and viewHolders
WhatIf - checking nullable object and empty collections more fluently
Mockito-kotlin - Junit mock test
Timber - logging
Stetho - debugging persistence data & network packets
- Ripple animation, Shared element transition
- Custom Views AndroidTagView, ExpandableTextView
Find this repository useful? :heart:
Support it by joining stargazers for this repository. :star:
And follow me for my next creations! 🤩
If you feel like support me a coffee for my efforts, I would greatly appreciate it.
Designed and developed by 2019 skydoves (Jaewoong Eum)
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.