Welcome to the home of ScribeJava, the simple OAuth client Java lib!
Why use ScribeJava?
Who said OAuth/OAuth2 was difficult? Configuring ScribeJava is so easy your grandma can do it! check it out:
OAuthService service = new ServiceBuilder(YOUR_API_KEY)
That single line (added newlines for readability) is the only thing you need to configure ScribeJava with LinkedIn's OAuth API for example.
Working executable examples are here
Common usage: example
Hit ScribeJava as hard and with many threads as you like.
Java 7 compatible
That's it. You can use it in old environments and in android apps.
note: To compile from sources you will need Java 9 or newer
Async and other HTTP clients
ScribeJava support out-of-box several HTTP clients:
* ning async http client 1.9.x (maven module scribejava-httpclient-ning) example
* Async Http Client asynchttpclient 2.x (maven module scribejava-httpclient-ahc) example
* OkHttp (maven module scribejava-httpclient-okhttp) example
* Apache HttpComponents HttpClient (maven module scribejava-httpclient-apache) example
* Armeria HTTP client (required >= java 8) example
* any externally created HTTP client example
just add corresponding maven modules to your pom
Supports many flows and additional features
RFC 6749 The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework, Authorization Code Authorization Grant, example
RFC 6749 The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework, Resource Owner Password Credentials Authorization Grant
RFC 6749 The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework, Client Credentials Authorization Grant, example
RFC 6749 The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework, Refreshing an Access Token, example
RFC 6750 The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework: Bearer Token Usage
RFC 7636 Proof Key for Code Exchange by OAuth Public Clients (PKCE), example
RFC 7009 OAuth 2.0 Token Revocation, example
RFC 5849 The OAuth 1.0 Protocol, example
Supports all (50+) major 1.0a and 2.0 OAuth APIs out-of-the-box
- Asana (https://asana.com/) example
- Automatic (https://www.automatic.com/) example
- AWeber (http://www.aweber.com/) example
- Box (https://www.box.com/) example
- Dataporten (https://docs.dataporten.no/) example
- Digg (http://digg.com/) example
- Discord (https://discordapp.com/) example
- Доктор на работе (https://www.doktornarabote.ru/)
- Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/) example
- Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/) example
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/) example, example with Async Apache HTTP client, example with Async Ning HTTP client
- Fitbit (https://www.fitbit.com/) example
- Flickr (https://www.flickr.com/) example
- Foursquare (https://foursquare.com/) example, example
- Frappe (https://github.com/frappe/frappe) example
- Freelancer (https://www.freelancer.com/) example
- Genius (http://genius.com/) example
- GitHub (https://github.com/) example, example with OkHttp HTTP client
- Google (https://www.google.com/) example, example with Async Http Client, example Revoke, example with PKCEE
- HeadHunter ХэдХантер (https://hh.ru/) example
- HiOrg-Server (https://www.hiorg-server.de/) example
- Imgur (http://imgur.com/) example
- Kaixin 开心网 (http://www.kaixin001.com/) example
- Kakao (https://kakao.com/) example
- Keycloak (https://www.keycloak.org/) example
- LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/) example, example, example with custom scopes
- Mail.Ru (https://mail.ru/) example, example with Async Ning HTTP Client
- MediaWiki (https://www.mediawiki.org/) example
- Meetup (https://www.meetup.com/) example, example
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) (http://azure.microsoft.com/) example
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) 2.0 (http://azure.microsoft.com/) example
- Microsoft Live (https://login.live.com/) example
- Misfit (http://misfit.com/) example
- NAVER (http://www.naver.com/) example
- Odnoklassniki Одноклассники (http://ok.ru/) example
- Polar (https://www.polar.com/) example
- Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/) example
- 500px (https://500px.com/) example
- Renren (http://renren.com/) example
- Salesforce (https://www.salesforce.com/) example, example with Async Ning HTTP Client
- Sina (http://www.sina.com.cn/ http://weibo.com/login.php) example, example
- Skyrock (http://skyrock.com/) example
- StackExchange (http://stackexchange.com/) example
- The Things Network (v1-staging and v2-preview) (https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/) example v1, example v2 preview
- Trello (https://trello.com/) example
- Tumblr (https://www.tumblr.com/) example
- TUT.BY (http://www.tut.by/) example
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/) example
- uCoz (https://www.ucoz.com/) example
- Viadeo (http://viadeo.com/) example
- VK ВКонтакте (http://vk.com/) example, example Client Credentials Grant, example with External HTTP Client
- Wunderlist (https://www.wunderlist.com/) example
- Xero (https://www.xero.com/) example
- XING (https://www.xing.com/) example
- Yahoo (https://www.yahoo.com/) example, example
- check the examples folder
Small and modular
ScribeJava's code is small (about 1k LOC) and simple to understand. No smart-ass or "clever" hacks here.
You can use only 'core' or 'with apis' maven modules
Works out of the box with android(TM) applications.
Stable & bulletproof
Good test coverage to keep you safe from harm.
When something bad actually happens, ScribeJava's meaningful error messages will tell you exactly what went wrong, when and where.
Pull it from Maven Central!
You can pull ScribeJava from the central maven repository, just add these to your pom.xml file:
And in case you need just core classes (that's it, without any external API (FB, VK, GitHub, Google etc) specific code), you could pull just 'core' artifact.
How can I help ScribeJava
First of all, Pull Requests are welcome, the second option is donations.
When will ScribeJava support XXX (new RFC, custom functionality, new API etc.)
When you will send the pull request. That's the way for a majority of changes here.
Or you can ask someone to make the paid job for you.
In some cases, when I'm interested in changes (technicaly or financialey), I can implement the request myself.
Getting started in less than 2 minutes
Check the Getting Started page and start rocking! Please Read the FAQ before creating an issue :)
Some useful info and answers you can find on the wiki
Also, remember to read the fantastic tutorial that @akoskm wrote to easily integrate a server side app with an API (twitter in this case).
Feel free to drop us an email or create issue right here on github.com
If you have a useful fork that should be listed there please contact us