Home Assistant Configuration
Home Assistant configuration files.
Some detailed information about setting various parts of this up on DIY Futurism.
My HA is an Hassbian install on a Raspberry Pi 3 with an GoControl Z-Wave/Zigbee USB stick.
Running HA version: 0.50.1
- Wall Switches
- Smart Devices
- Media Players
Volumio Raspberry Pi streaming player for stereo
- Plex (Roku)
- MPD - plays radio through speaker on HA Raspberry Pi
- VLC - for Amazon Polly TTS output
- Other Hardware
- Owntracks - 'significant changes' mode, iBeacon
- HomeAssistant iOS app - enable location tracking, enable iBeacon
- ping - Is my phone pingable on my network?
I use a python script to filter 'home' and 'nothome' signals by platform.
* All platforms update 'home'
* Only GPS platforms (Owntracks, iOS app) update 'nothome'
* Delayed by 10 minutes to avoid turning everything off on quick dog walks / bodega runs
* Retain the most recent GPS coordinates and battery state regardless of platform
This script creates a new device_tracker with the most recent information and state, using the most platforms in the most reliable way.
Position in house is located using variable.last_motion
- Alarm Away - when no one is home
- Alarm Home - when coming home
- TTS Announce Disarm, Pending, and Armed Status
- Audible Alert when Front Door opens and Armed Home
- Trigger Alarm - Notify with security camera photo if Door Opened, "Presence Detected" announcement
- Alarm Clock
- Make Morning Coffee when Alarm goes off
- Alarm Clock - turn on lights and radio to wake me up
- TTS Annouce Weather & other Info
- UI - change default view to show commute times, weather info during morning
- Turn on 30 mins before sunrise and 1 hour after
- Turn on 1 hour before sunset, turn off 4 hours after or at 10PM (whichever is first)
- Indoor Temperature & Humidity is a mean of all available sensors (using min_max component)
- IFTT Integration
- When plants need to be watered, add them to my Todoist todo list
- If Fitbit logs new sleep but no alarm is set, wake house up
- Withings weigh in before bed 9pm - 12am, start goodnight sequence
- Flux - adjust color temp based on time (currently Tradfri lights only)
- Sunset - 40m before sunset, turn on evening lights
- Day - during day turn on day dim lights and throttle Transmission
- Evening - turn on dim lights if I come home after 10pm
- After Midnight - turn on red lights if I come home 12a-430a
- Turn everything off when no one's home
- Turn Closet lights on/off by motion detector
- Turn Bathroom lights on/off by motion detector (off 12a-8:30a)
- Turn Office Lights on/off by motion detector
- Turn Crawl space light on/off by door sensor
- Turn kitchen lamps on/off using wall switch
- Turn on office lamps using switch
- Night Light - Kitchen on motion
- Dim house lights when Plex starts playing
- Turn on bathroom lights & lamp when movie pausd
- Fade house lights up when Plex stops
- Turns off bandwidth throttling for Transmission/sabnzbd when I'm away from home
- Python Scripts
- areanylightson.py - inputboolean for lights on/off, counts lights and switches on
- Does not count nightlights
- metadevicetracker.py - Consolidate device tracking into one entity, only use GPS platforms for 'not_home'
- plant_problems.py - Count number of plants that need attention
- Alarm - security photo if door opens when armed_away
- Alarm Clock - send weather summary and image from window camera when alarm goes off
- Security - send image from front door camera if no one's home and door opens
- Reminder - If I'm home at 10:30pm and coffee isn't ready but alarm is set, remind me
- Reminder - Full moon
- Plants - Once a day reminder to water plants if more than 3 are thirsty
- System - Notify if disk use gets high
- System - Notify if new HA version available
- System - Notify when critical smart home device goes offline for more than 5 minutes
- Timelapse - record JPEGs of sunrise/sunset
- Alarm Override - Turns off all alarm automations, sound effects, and alerts.
- Night Light Override - Prevents red night lights from coming on
- Vacation Mode
- Guest Mode
Other Projects Used
- esp8266 related
- HA addons
forever-service For Python scripts as services
- My Scripts
- Media Software