Demos ・ Gallery ・ Features ・ Plugins ・ Install ・ Usage ・ Examples ・ Docs ・ Wiki ・ References ・ License
See how others are using matter.js physics
- Rigid bodies
- Compound bodies
- Composite bodies
- Concave and convex hulls
- Physical properties (mass, area, density etc.)
- Restitution (elastic and inelastic collisions)
- Collisions (broad-phase, mid-phase and narrow-phase)
- Stable stacking and resting
- Conservation of momentum
- Friction and resistance
- Sleeping and static bodies
- Rounded corners (chamfering)
- Views (translate, zoom)
- Collision queries (raycasting, region tests)
- Time scaling (slow-mo, speed-up)
- Canvas renderer (supports vectors and textures)
MatterTools for creating, testing and debugging worlds
- World state serialisation (requires resurrect.js)
- Cross-browser and Node.js support (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE8+)
- Mobile-compatible (touch, responsive)
You can install using package managers npm and Yarn using:
npm install matter-js
Alternatively you can download a stable release or try the latest experimental alpha build (master) and include the script in your web page:
Visit the Getting started wiki page for a minimal usage example which should work in both browsers and Node.js.
Also see the Running and Rendering wiki pages, which show how to use your own game and rendering loops.
See the list of tutorials.
See the examples directory which contains the source for all demos.
There are even more examples on codepen.
The engine can be extended through plugins, see these resources:
See the API Documentation and the wiki
Building and Contributing
To build you must first install node.js, then run
This will install the required build dependencies, then run
npm run dev
to spawn a development server. For information on contributing see CONTRIBUTING.md.
To see what's new or changed in the latest version, see the changelog.
See the wiki page on References.
Matter.js is licensed under The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2014 Liam Brummitt
This license is also supplied with the release and source code.
As stated in the license, absolutely no warranty is provided.