What is this?
This plugin provides functions for development of Gradle based projects. It also provides functions to support Android projects.
Install the plugin using your favorite plugin manager (e.g. NeoBundle):
If you have a gradle wrapper script (e.g gradlew or gradlew.bat) in your project root directory or if you have gradle in your PATH environment, then you are good to go. If you prefer to setup a specific gradle version then you need to set g:gradle_path to the absolute path where gradle is installed:
let g:gradle_path = /path/to/gradle/folder
this results in the plugin using the gradle binary located at:
If you are working in an Android project then set the g:androidsdkpath with the absolute path where the android sdk is installed:
let g:android_sdk_path = /path/to/android-sdk
Open a java, kotlin or xml source file and this plugin will automatically kick in and perform some tasks:
- Execute a custom vim gradle task to inspect the project and extract dependencies, project names, and android sdk versions.
- Set CLASSPATH environment variable with the JAR dependencies of the project and the Android SDK jar.
- Set SRCPATH environment variables with the project source sets.
- Create Gradle and Android commands that can be used to invoke gradle tasks.
Once the plugin finishes loading the Gradle command becomes available to use:
If the project is also an Android project then the android command also becomes available:
Customizing Status Line
Using the Fantasque Sans font patched with the Nerd Fonts these are the status line glyphs I use in my own configuration:
Combined with the ligthline plugin my status line looks like the following screen:
- Automatically detect if file belongs to an android project when opening a java, kotlin or xml file.
- Adds custom tasks to gradle build using Init scripts.
- Updates the CLASSPATH environment variable with all jar and class files for the target Android API and gradle dependencies.
- Updates the SRCPATH environment variable to include the current project source path and any other dependency source files available.
- Sets custom gradle vim compiler.
- Sets an extensive errorformat that captures java errors, kotlin errors, linter errors, test errors, aapt errors and adds them to the qflist.
- Adds commands to build and install APK files in one or all devices/emulators present.
- Adds commands to generate tag files for the Android SDK as well as your Android application.
- Improved XML omnicompletion for android resource and manifest files. Thanks to Donnie West.
- Customizable status line method that can be integrated with status line plugins (e.g. airline)
Refer to the doc/vim-android.txt file for details on usage and configuration of this plugin.