Send notifications to Slack channels when certain events in WordPress occur.
Contributors: akeda, reedyn
Tags: slack, api, chat, notification
Requires at least: 4.3
Tested up to: 4.7.3
Stable tag: 0.6.0
License: GPLv2 or later
Donate link: http://goo.gl/DELyuR
This plugin allows you to send notifications to Slack channels when certain events in WordPress occur.
By default, there are two events that can be sent to Slack:
- When a post needs review (status transitioned to 'pending')
- When a post is published
- When there's a new comment
It's possible to add more events using
slack_get_events filter. For more information check the doc.
Development of this plugin is done on GitHub. Pull requests are always welcome.
There are some extension plugins that notify events triggered by other plugins. Belows are some of them:
- Upload Slack plugin to your blog's
wp-content/plugins/ directory and activate.
- Add new Incoming WebHooks service in your Slack, the URL is
https://.com/services/new/incoming-webhook (replace with your Slack's subdomain). Once created, note the URL of the service (you'll set it into integration entry in your WordPress).
- Go to Slack menu in your WordPress to add the integration (make sure you're logged in as an Administrator).
Integrations list. Yes, you can add more than one integration.
Edit integration screen.
Your channel get notified when some events occur.
- Fix spinner is not showing when sending test notification.
- Convert HTML entities in Slack notifications.
- Bump tested up to 4.7.3.
- For developers, unit tests and end-to-end tests were added.
- Removed bin directory for published plugin in WP.org. Props otto42
- Fixed wrong text domain. Props jphorn
priority key in event type array
- Make sure
wp_insert_comment is invoked as late as possible by passing priority
- Added comment text and linkable text to edit comment in notification message
post_pending_review event type
- Added excerpt when a post needs review (status transitioned to 'pending')
- Added excerpt when a post is published
- Fixed typo
- Add activate / deactivate link in row actions
- More columns in integration list table
- For default "When a post is published" and "When there is a new comment" events, limit the post type to "post"
- Don't send notification if message evaluates to false
- Plugin's banner
- Put Slack URL in README