Elasticsearch official website
Logstash is a data pipeline that helps you process logs and other event data from a variety of systems
Kibana is a data analysis tool that helps to visualize your data; Kibana Manual docs
beats is the platform for building lightweight, open source data shippers for many types of data you want to enrich with Logstash, search and analyze in Elasticsearch, and visualize in Kibana.
Related (awesome) lists
Open-source and free products, based on Elasticsearch
Fess is an open source full featured Enterprise Search, with a web-crawler
Yelp/elastalert is a modular flexible rules based alerting system written in Python
etsy/411 - an Alert Management Web Application https://demo.fouroneone.io (credentials: user/user)
appbaseio/mirage is a 🔎 GUI for composing Elasticsearch queries
exceptionless/Exceptionless is an error (exceptions) collecting and reporting server with client bindings for a various programming languages
searchkit/searchkit is a UI framework based on React to build awesome search experiences with Elasticsearch
appbaseio/reactivemaps is a React based UI components library for building Airbnb / Foursquare like Maps
appbaseio/reactivesearch is a library of beautiful React UI components for Elasticsearch
appbaseio/dejavu The missing UI for Elasticsearch; landing page
Simple File Server is an Openstack Swift compatible distributed object store that can serve and securely store billions of large and small files using minimal resources.
logagent a log shipper to parse and ship logs to Elasticsearch including bulk indexing, disk buffers and log format detection.
ItemsAPI simplified search API for web and mobile (based on Elasticsearch and Express.js)
Kuzzle - An open-source backend with advanced real-time features for Web, Mobile and IoT that uses ElasticSearch as a database. (Website)
SIAC - SIAC is an enterprise SIEM built on the ELK stack and other open-source components.
Sentinl - Sentinl is a Kibana alerting and reporting app.
Praeco - Elasticsearch alerting made simple
Elasticsearch developer tools and utilities
Development and debugging
Sense (from Elastic) A JSON aware developer console to Elasticsearch; official and very powerful
ES-mode An Emacs major mode for interacting with Elasticsearch (similar to Sense)
Elasticsearch Cheatsheet Examples for the most used queries, API and settings for all major version of Elasticsearch
Elasticstat CLI tool displaying monitoring informations like htop
Elastic for Visual Studio Code An extension for developing Elasticsearch queries like Kibana and Sense extention in Visual Studio Code
Elastic Builder A Node.js implementation of the Elasticsearch DSL
Bodybuilder A Node.js elasticsearch query body builder
enju A Node.js elasticsearch ORM
Import and Export
Knapsack plugin is an "swiss knife" export/import plugin for Elasticsearch
Elasticsearch-Exporter is a command line script to import/export data from Elasticsearch to various other storage systems
esbulk Parallel elasticsearch bulk indexing utility for the command line.
elasticdump - tools for moving and saving indices
elasticsearch-loader - Tool for loading common file types to elasticsearch including csv, json, and parquet
Esctl - High-level command line interface to manage Elasticsearch clusters.
Vulcanizer - Github's open sourced cluster management library based on Elasticsearch's REST API. Comes with a high level CLI tool
sscarduzio/elasticsearch-readonlyrest-plugin Safely expose Elasticsearch REST API directly to the public
mobz/elasticsearch-head is a powerful and essential plugin for managing your cluster, indices and mapping
Bigdesk - Live charts and statistics for elasticsearch cluster
Elastic HQ - Elasticsearch cluster management console with live monitoring and beautiful UI
Cerebro is an open source(MIT License) elasticsearch web admin tool. Supports ES 5.x
Kopf - Another management plugin that have REST console and manual shard allocation
Search Guard - Elasticsearch and elastic stack security and alerting for free
ee-outliers - ee-outliers is a framework to detect outliers in events stored in an Elasticsearch cluster.
Elasticsearch Comrade - Elasticsearch admin panel built for ops and monitoring
elasticsearch-admin - Web administration for Elasticsearch
SIREn Join Plugin for Elasticsearch This plugin extends Elasticsearch with new search actions and a filter query parser that enables to perform a "Filter Join" between two set of documents (in the same index or in different indexes).
Integrations and SQL support
You know, for search
Kibana plugins and applications
Kibana Visualization plugins
nbs-system/mapster - a visualization which allows to create live event 3d maps in Kibana
Kibana Tag Cloud Plugin - tag cloud visualization plugin based on d3-cloud plugin
LogTrail - a plugin for Kibana to view, analyze, search and tail log events from multiple hosts in realtime with devops friendly interface inspired by Papertrail
Analyze API - Kibana 6 application to manipulate the
_analyze API graphically
kbn_network - This is a plugin developed for Kibana that displays a network node that link two fields that have been previously selected.
Discussions and social media
Docker and Elasticsearch
How to start using G1
ESJAVAOPTS="-XX:-UseParNewGC -XX:-UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseG1GC"
## Scalable Infrastructure and performance
* [The Authoritative Guide to Elasticsearch Performance Tuning (Part 1)](https://qbox.io/blog/authoritative-guide-elasticsearch-performance-tuning-part-1) [Part 2](https://qbox.io/blog/elasticsearch-performance-tuning-part-2-zen) [Part 3](https://qbox.io/index.php?p=blog/authoritative-guide-elasticsearch-performance-tuning-part-3)
* [Tuning data ingestion performance for Elasticsearch on Azure](https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/guidance-elasticsearch-tuning-data-ingestion-performance/) - and not only for Azure. That's a great article about Elasticsearch Performance testing by example
* [Elasticsearch Indexing Performance Cheatsheet](https://blog.codecentric.de/en/2014/05/elasticsearch-indexing-performance-cheatsheet/) - when you plan to index large amounts of data in Elasticsearch (by Patrick Peschlow)
* [Elasticsearch for Logging](http://edgeofsanity.net/article/2012/12/26/elasticsearch-for-logging.html) Elasticsearch configuration tips and tricks from Sanity
* [Scaling Elasticsearch to Hundreds of Developers](http://engineeringblog.yelp.com/2014/11/scaling-elasticsearch-to-hundreds-of-developers.html) by Joseph Lynch @yelp
* [10 Elasticsearch metrics to watch](http://radar.oreilly.com/2015/04/10-elasticsearch-metrics-to-watch.html)
* [Understanding Elasticsearch Performance](https://joshrendek.com/2015/11/understanding-elasticsearch-performance/)
* [Our Experience of Creating Large Scale Log Search System Using Elasticsearch](http://www.cubrid.org/blog/dev-platform/our-experience-creating-large-scale-log-search-system-using-elasticsearch/) - topology, separate master, data and search balancers nodes
* :open_file_folder: [Elasticsearch on Azure Guidance](https://github.com/Azure/azure-content/blob/master/articles/guidance/guidance-elasticsearch.md) it is 10% on Azure and 90% of a very valuable general information, tips and tricks about Elasticsearch
* [How to avoid the split-brain problem in Elasticsearch](http://blog.trifork.com/2013/10/24/how-to-avoid-the-split-brain-problem-in-elasticsearch/)
* Datadog's series about monitoring Elasticsearch performance:
* [How to monitor Elasticsearch performance](https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/monitor-elasticsearch-performance-metrics/)
* [How to collect Elasticsearch metrics](https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/collect-elasticsearch-metrics/)
* [How to monitor Elasticsearch with Datadog](https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/monitor-elasticsearch-datadog/)
* [How to solve 5 Elasticsearch performance and scaling problems](https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/elasticsearch-performance-scaling-problems/)
* [Performance Monitoring Essentials - Elasticsearch Edition](https://sematext.com/publications/performance-monitoring-essentials-elasticsearch-edition.pdf)
* [Operator for running Elasticsearch in Kubernetes](https://github.com/zalando-incubator/es-operator)
Use cases for Elasticsearch
Code, configuration file samples and other gists
Who is using elasticsearch?
I want more! (Elasticsearch related resources)
- Make sure you are about to post a valuable resource that belongs to this list
- Do NOT group ++Add and --Remove changes in same PR. Make them separate pull requests
- Use spellchecker
- All spelling and grammar corrections are welcome (except for the rule above)
- Fork this repo, do your edits, send the pull request
- Feel free to create any new sections
- Do not even try to add this repo to any awesome-awesome-* lists