Want pure x-platform Swift?
We experience rewrite in this repository.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING AN ISSUE!
If in doubt, please post questions and comments in the forum
The Official Forum
This way, more users can learn from your experince.
Please note, that the official site has moved. Please update your bookmarks
The Official Site
The Official Forum
Cocos2D-ObjC is a framework for building 2D games, demos, and other
graphical/interactive applications for iOS, Mac and tvOS.
It is based on the Cocos2D design, but instead of using Python it uses Swift and / or Objective-C.
- Easy to use
- Community Supported
Creating New Projects
For creating new projects you should use an official Cocos2D Installer.
You can find the full Cocos2D documentation and user guide at our documentation page.
Version 3.5 is introduced.
See release notes
- Scene management (workflow)
- Transitions between scenes
- Sprites and Sprite Sheets
- Effects: Lens, Ripple, Waves, Liquid, etc. (Served as extension)
- Actions (behaviours):
- Trasformation Actions: Move, Rotate, Scale, Fade, Tint, etc.
- Composable actions: Sequence, Spawn, Repeat, Reverse
- Ease Actions: Exp, Sin, Cubic, Elastic, etc.
- Misc actions: CallFunc, OrbitCamera, Follow, Tween
- Basic menus and buttons
- Integrated with Chipmunk physics engine (Served as extension)
- Particle system (Served as extension)
- Fast font rendering using Fixed and Variable width fonts
- Support for .ttf fonts
- Tile Map support: Orthogonal, Isometric and Hexagonal (Served as extension)
- Parallax scrolling (Served as extension)
- Motion Streak (Served as extension)
- Render To Texture (Served as extension)
- Touch/Accelerometer on iOS
- Touch/Mouse/Keyboard on Mac
- Sound Engine support based on OpenAL (Served as extension)
- Integrated Slow motion/Fast forward
- Fast textures: PVR compressed and uncompressed textures
- Point based: RetinaDisplay mode compatible
- Language: Objective-C / Swift
- Open Source Commercial Friendly: Compatible with open and closed source projects
- Image assets support
- TVOS support
- App thinning support
- 3D touch support
- OpenGL ES 2.0 or Metal (iOS) / OpenGL 2.1 (Mac) based
Mac OS X 10.9 (or newer), Xcode 7.0 (or newer)
- iOS 6.0 (7.0 for Swift) or newer for iOS games
- Snow Leopard (v10.6) or newer for Mac games
Select the test you want from Xcode Scheme chooser
Then click on
Xcode → Product → Run
Download from Github
$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-objc.git
$ cd cocos2d-objc