Awesome Data Science
An open source Data Science repository to learn and apply towards solving real world problems.
Table of contents
This part is for dummies who are new to Data Science
This is a shortcut path to start studying Data Science. Just follow the steps to answer the questions, "What is Data Science and what should I study to learn Data Science?"
First of all, Data Science is one of the hottest topics on the Computer and Internet farmland nowadays. People have gathered data from applications and systems until today and now is the time to analyze them. The next steps are producing suggestions from the data and creating predictions about the future. Here you can find the biggest question for Data Science and hundreds of answers from experts.
Secondly, Our favorite programming language is Python nowadays for #DataScience. Python's - Pandas library has full functionality for collecting and analyzing data. We use Anaconda to play with data and to create applications.
Preview | Description ------------ | ------------- | Key differences of a data scientist vs. data engineer | A visual guide to Becoming a Data Scientist in 8 Steps by DataCamp (img) | Mindmap on required skills (img) | Swami Chandrasekaran made a Curriculum via Metro map. | by @kzawadz via twitter | By Data Science Central | From this article by Berkeley Science Review. | Data Science Wars: R vs Python | How to select statistical or machine learning techniques | Choosing the Right Estimator | The Data Science Industry: Who Does What | Data Science
Venn Euler Diagram | Different Data Science Skills and Roles from this article by Springboard | A simple and friendly way of teaching your non-data scientist/non-statistician colleagues how to avoid mistakes with data. From Geckoboard's Data Literacy Lessons.
What is Data Science?
- Wes McKinney - Wes McKinney Archives.
- Matthew Russell - Mining The Social Web.
- Greg Reda - Greg Reda Personal Blog
- Kevin Davenport - Kevin Davenport Personal Blog
- Julia Evans - Recurse Center alumna
- Hakan Kardas - Personal Web Page
- Sean J. Taylor - Personal Web Page
- Drew Conway - Personal Web Page
- Hilary Mason - Personal Web Page
- Noah Iliinsky - Personal Blog
- Matt Harrison - Personal Blog
- Data Science Renee Documenting my path from "SQL Data Analyst pursuing an Engineering Master's Degree" to "Data Scientist"
- Vamshi Ambati - AllThings Data Sciene
- Prash Chan - Tech Blog on Master Data Management And Every Buzz Surrounding It
- Clare Corthell - The Open Source Data Science Masters
- Paul Miller Based in the UK and working globally, Cloud of Data's consultancy services help clients understand the implications of taking data and more to the Cloud.
- Data Science London Data Science London is a non-profit organization dedicated to the free, open, dissemination of data science. We are the largest data science community in Europe. We are more than 3,190 data scientists and data geeks in our community.
- Datawrangling by Peter Skomoroch. MACHINE LEARNING, DATA MINING, AND MORE
- John Myles White Personal Blog
- Quora Data Science - Data Science Questions and Answers from experts
- Siah a PhD student at Berkeley
- Data Science Report MDS, Inc. Helps Build Careers in Data Science, Advanced Analytics, Big Data Architecture, and High Performance Software Engineering
- Louis Dorard a technology guy with a penchant for the web and for data, big and small
- Machine Learning Mastery about helping professional programmers to confidently apply machine learning algorithms to address complex problems.
- Daniel Forsyth - Personal Blog
- Data Science Weekly - Weekly News Blog
- Revolution Analytics - Data Science Blog
- R Bloggers - R Bloggers
- The Practical Quant Big data
- Micheal Le Gal a data enthusiast who gets hooked on solving intriguing problems and crafting beautiful stories and visualizations with data. Over the past 5 years, He haas applied statistics to solve problems in government, brain sciences, and most recently, retail.
- Datascope Analytics data-driven consulting and design
- Yet Another Data Blog Yet Another Data Blog
- Spenczar a data scientist at Twitch. I handle the whole data pipeline, from tracking to model-building to reporting.
- KD Nuggets Data Mining, Analytics, Big Data, Data, Science not a blog a portal
- Meta Brown - Personal Blog
- Data Scientist is building the data scientist culture.
- WhatSTheBigData is some of, all of, or much more than the above and this blog explores its impact on information technology, the business world, government agencies, and our lives.
- Mic Farris Focusing on science, datascience, business, technology, and channeling inner geekness!
- Tevfik Kosar - Magnus Notitia
- New Data Scientist How a Social Scientist Jumps into the World of Big Data
- Harvard Data Science - Thoughts on Statistical Computing and Visualization
- Data Science 101 - Learning To Be A Data Scientist
- Kaggle Past Solutions
- NYC Taxi Visualization Blog
- Learning Lover
- Map Reduce Blog
- FastML Blog
- P-value - Musings on data science, machine learning and stats.
- Digital transformation
- Data Mania Blog - The File Drawer - Chris Said's science blog
- Emilio Ferrara's web page
- Reddit TextMining
- Hilary Parker
- Data Stories
- Data Science Lab
- Meaning of
- Adventures in Data Land
- DATA MINERS BLOG
- FlowingData - Visualization and Statistics
- Calculated Risk
- O'reilly Learning Blog
- i am trask - A Machine Learning Craftsmanship Blog
- Vademecum of Practical Data Science - Handbook and recipes for data-driven solutions of real-world problems
- Dataconomy - A blog on the new emerging data economy
- Springboard - A blog with resources for data science learners
- Analytics Vidhya - A full-fledged website about data science and analytics study material.
- Occam's Razor - Focused on Web Analytics.
- Data School - Data science tutorials for beginners!
- Colah's Blog - Blog for understanding Neural Networks!
- Sebastian's Blog - Blog for NLP and transfer learning!
- Distill - Dedicated to clear explanations of machine learning!
- Chris Albon's Website - Data Science and AI notes
- Andrew Carr - Data Science with Esoteric programming languages
- AI Digest. A weekly newsletter to keep up to date with AI, machine learning, and data science. Archive.
- Big Data Combine - Rapid-fire, live tryouts for data scientists seeking to monetize their models as trading strategies
- Big Data Mania - Data Viz Wiz | Data Journalist | Growth Hacker | Author of Data Science for Dummies (2015)
- Big Data Science - Big Data, Data Science, Predictive Modeling, Business Analytics, Hadoop, Decision and Operations Research.
- Charlie Greenbacker - Director of Data Science at @ExploreAltamira
- Chris Said - Data scientist at Twitter
- Clare Corthell - Dev, Design, Data Science @mattermark #hackerei
- DADI Charles-Abner - #datascientist @Ekimetrics. , #machinelearning #dataviz #DynamicCharts #Hadoop #R #Python #NLP #Bitcoin #dataenthousiast
- Data Science Central - Data Science Central is the industry's single resource for Big Data practitioners.
- Data Science London Data Science. Big Data. Data Hacks. Data Junkies. Data Startups. Open Data
- Data Science Renee - Documenting my path from SQL Data Analyst pursuing an Engineering Master's Degree to Data Scientist
- Data Science Report - Mission is to help guide & advance careers in Data Science & Analytics
- Data Science Tips - Tips and Tricks for Data Scientists around the world! #datascience #bigdata
- Data Vizzard - DataViz, Security, Military
- deeplearning4j -
- DJ Patil - White House Data Chief, VP @ RelateIQ.
- Domino Data Lab
- Drew Conway - Data nerd, hacker, student of conflict.
- Emilio Ferrara - #Networks, #MachineLearning and #DataScience. I work on #Social Media. Postdoc at @IndianaUniv
- Erin Bartolo - Running with #BigData--enjoying a love/hate relationship with its hype. @iSchoolSU #DataScience Program Mgr.
- Greg Reda Working @ GrubHub about data and pandas
- Gregory Piatetsky - KDnuggets President, Analytics/Big Data/Data Mining/Data Science expert, KDD & SIGKDD co-founder, was Chief Scientist at 2 startups, part-time philosopher.
- Hakan Kardas - Data Scientist
- Hilary Mason - Data Scientist in Residence at @accel.
- Jeff Hammerbacher ReTweeting about data science
- John Myles White Scientist at Facebook and Julia developer. Author of Machine Learning for Hackers and Bandit Algorithms for Website Optimization. Tweets reflect my views only.
- Juan Miguel Lavista - Principal Data Scientist @ Microsoft Data Science Team
- Julia Evans - Hacker - Pandas - Data Analyze
- Kenneth Cukier - The Economist's Data Editor and co-author of Big Data (http://big-data-book.com ).
- Kevin Davenport - Organizer of https://meetup.com/San-Diego-R-Users-Group/
- Kevin Markham - Data science instructor, and founder of Data School
- Kim Rees - Interactive data visualization and tools. Data flaneur.
- Kirk Borne - DataScientist, PhD Astrophysicist, Top #BigData Influencer.
- Linda Regber - Data story teller, visualizations.
- Luis Rei - PhD Student. Programming, Mobile, Web. Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Robotics Machine Learning, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Data Science.
- Mark Stevenson - Data Analytics Recruitment Specialist at Salt (@SaltJobs) | Analytics - Insight - Big Data - Datascience
- Matt Harrison - Opinions of full-stack Python guy, author, instructor, currently playing Data Scientist. Occasional fathering, husbanding, ult|goalt-imate, organic gardening.
- Matthew Russell - Mining the Social Web.
- Mert Nuhoğlu Data Scientist at BizQualify, Developer
- Monica Rogati - Data @ Jawbone. Turned data into stories & products at LinkedIn. Text mining, applied machine learning, recommender systems. Ex-gamer, ex-machine coder; namer.
- Noah Iliinsky - Visualization & interaction designer. Practical cyclist. Author of vis books: http://www.oreilly.com/pub/au/4419
- Paul Miller - Cloud Computing/ Big Data/ Open Data Analyst & Consultant. Writer, Speaker & Moderator. Gigaom Research Analyst.
- Peter Skomoroch - Creating intelligent systems to automate tasks & improve decisions. Entrepreneur, ex Principal Data Scientist @LinkedIn. Machine Learning, ProductRei, Networks
- Prash Chan - Solution Architect @ IBM, Master Data Management, Data Quality & Data Governance Blogger. Data Science, Hadoop, Big Data & Cloud.
- Quora Data Science Quora's data science topic
- R-Bloggers - Tweet blog posts from the R blogosphere, data science conferences and (!) open jobs for data scientists.
- Rand Hindi
- Randy Olson - Computer scientist researching artificial intelligence. Data tinkerer. Community leader for @DataIsBeautiful. #OpenScience advocate.
- Recep Erol - Data Science geek @ UALR
- Ryan Orban - Data scientist, genetic origamist, hardware aficionado
- Sean J. Taylor - Social Scientist. Hacker. Facebook Data Science Team. Keywords: Experiments, Causal Inference, Statistics, Machine Learning, Economics.
- Silvia K. Spiva - #DataScience at Cisco
- Harsh B. Gupta - Data Scientist at BBVA Compass
- Spencer Nelson - Data nerd
- Talha Oz - Enjoys ABM, SNA, DM, ML, NLP, HI, Python, Java. Top percentile kaggler/data scientist
- Tasos Skarlatidis - Complex Event Processing, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Passionate about programming and open-source.
- Terry Timko - InfoGov; Bigdata; Data as a Service; Data Science; Open, Social & Business Data Convergence
- Tony Baer - IT analyst with Ovum covering Big Data & data management with some systems engineering thrown in.
- Tony Ojeda - Data Scientist | Author | Entrepreneur. Co-founder @DataCommunityDC. Founder @DistrictDataLab. #DataScience #BigData #DataDC
- Vamshi Ambati - Data Science @ PayPal. #NLP, #machinelearning; PhD, Carnegie Mellon alumni (Blog: https://allthingsds.wordpress.com )
- Wes McKinney - Pandas (Python Data Analysis library).
- WileyEd - Senior Manager - @Seagate Big Data Analytics | @McKinsey Alum | #BigData + #Analytics Evangelist | #Hadoop, #Cloud, #Digital, & #R Enthusiast
- WNYC Data News Team - The data news crew at @WNYC. Practicing data-driven journalism, making it visual and showing our work. @SkymindIO's open-source deep learning for the JVM. Integrates with Hadoop, Spark. Distributed GPU/CPUs | http://nd4j.org | https://www.skymind.ai/
Youtube Videos & Channels
- Open Data Science – First Telegram Data Science channel. Covering all technical and popular staff about anything related to Data Science: AI, Big Data, Machine Learning, Statistics, general Math and the applications of former.
- Loss function porn — Beautiful posts on DS/ML theme with video or graphic vizualization.
- Machinelearning – Daily ML news.
Toolboxes - Environment
- Little Ball of Fur - A graph sampling library for NetworkX with a Scikit-Learn like API.
- Karate Club - An unsupervised machine learning extension library for NetworkX with a Scikit-Learn like API.
- ML Workspace - All-in-one web-based IDE for machine learning and data science. The workspace is deployed as a Docker container and is preloaded with a variety of popular data science libraries (e.g., Tensorflow, PyTorch) and dev tools (e.g., Jupyter, VS Code).
- neptune.ml -> Community-friendly platform supporting data scientists in creating and sharing machine learning models. Neptune facilitates teamwork, infrastructure management, models comparison and reproducibility.
- steppy -> Lightweight, Python library for fast and reproducible machine learning experimentation. Introduces very simple interface that enables clean machine learning pipeline design.
- steppy-toolkit -> Curated collection of the neural networks, transformers and models that make your machine learning work faster and more effective.
- Datalab from Google easily explore, visualize, analyze, and transform data using familiar languages, such as Python and SQL, interactively.
- Hortonworks Sandbox is a personal, portable Hadoop environment that comes with a dozen interactive Hadoop tutorials.
- R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics.
- RStudio IDE – powerful user interface for R. It’s free and open source, works onWindows, Mac, and Linux.
- Python - Pandas - Anaconda Completely free enterprise-ready Python distribution for large-scale data processing, predictive analytics, and scientific computing
- Scikit-Learn Machine Learning in Python
- NumPy NumPy is fundamental for scientific computing with Python. It supports large, multi-dimensional arrays and matrices and includes an assortment of high-level mathematical functions to operate on these arrays.
- SciPy SciPy works with NumPy arrays and provides efficient routines for numerical integration and optimization.
- Data Science Toolbox - Coursera Course
- Data Science Toolbox - Blog
- Wolfram Data Science Platform Take numerical, textual, image, GIS or other data and give it the Wolfram treatment, carrying out a full spectrum of data science analysis and visualization and automatically generating rich interactive reports—all powered by the revolutionary knowledge-based Wolfram Language.
- Datadog Solutions, code, and devops for high-scale data science.
- Kite Development Kit The Kite Software Development Kit (Apache License, Version 2.0), or Kite for short, is a set of libraries, tools, examples, and documentation focused on making it easier to build systems on top of the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Domino Data Labs Run, scale, share, and deploy your models — without any infrastructure or setup.
- Apache Flink A platform for efficient, distributed, general-purpose data processing.
- Apache Hama Apache Hama is an Apache Top-Level open source project, allowing you to do advanced analytics beyond MapReduce.
- Weka Weka is a collection of machine learning algorithms for data mining tasks.
- Octave GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for numerical computations.(Free Matlab)
- Apache Spark Lightning-fast cluster computing
- Hydrosphere Mist - a service for exposing Apache Spark analytics jobs and machine learning models as realtime, batch or reactive web services.
- Caffe Deep Learning Framework
- Torch A SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING FRAMEWORK FOR LUAJIT
- Nervana's python based Deep Learning Framework
- Skale - High performance distributed data processing in NodeJS
- Aerosolve - A machine learning package built for humans.
- Intel framework - Intel® Deep Learning Framework
- Datawrapper – An open source data visualization platform helping everyone to create simple, correct and embeddable charts. Also at github.com
- Tensor Flow - TensorFlow is an Open Source Software Library for Machine Intelligence
- Natural Language Toolkit
- nlp-toolkit for node.js
- Julia – high-level, high-performance dynamic programming language for technical computing
- IJulia – a Julia-language backend combined with the Jupyter interactive environment
- Apache Zeppelin - Web-based notebook that enables data-driven, interactive data analytics and collaborative documents with SQL, Scala and more
- Featuretools - An open source framework for automated feature engineering written in python
- Optimus - Cleansing, pre-processing, feature engineering, exploratory data analysis and easy ML with PySpark backend.
- Albumentations - А fast and framework agnostic image augmentation library that implements a diverse set of augmentation techniques. Supports classification, segmentation, detection out of the box. Was used to win a number of Deep Learning competitions at Kaggle, Topcoder and those that were a part of the CVPR workshops.
- DVC - An open-source data science version control system. It helps track, organize and make data science projects reproducible. In its very basic scenario it helps version control and share large data and model files.
- Lambdo is a workflow engine which significantly simplifies data analysis by combining in one analysis pipeline (i) feature engineering and machine learning (ii) model training and prediction (iii) table population and column evaluation.
- Feast - A feature store for the management, discovery, and access of machine learning features. Feast provides a consistent view of feature data for both model training and model serving.
- Polyaxon - A platform for reproducible and scalable machine learning and deep learning.
- LightTag - Text Annotation Tool for teams
- Trains - Auto-Magical Experiment Manager, Version Control & DevOps for AI
- Hopsworks - Open-source data-intensive machine learning platform with a feature store. Ingest and manage features for both online (MySQL Cluster) and offline (Apache Hive) access, train and serve models at scale.
- MindsDB - MindsDB is an Explainable AutoML framework for developers. With MindsDB you can build, train and use state of the art ML models in as simple as one line of code.
- Lightwood - A Pytorch based framework that breaks down machine learning problems into smaller blocks that can be glued together seamlessly with an objective to build predictive models with one line of code.
- AWS Data Wrangler - An open-source Python package that extends the power of Pandas library to AWS connecting DataFrames and AWS data related services (Amazon Redshift, AWS Glue, Amazon Athena, Amazon EMR, etc).
Visualization Tools - Environments
Journals, Publications and Magazines
Some data mining competition platforms * Kaggle* DrivenData* Analytics Vidhya* The Data Science Game* InnoCentive* TuneedIT
Other Awesome Lists