Advanced Media Framework (AMF) SDK
AMF is a light-weight, portable multimedia framework that abstracts away most of the platform and API-specific details and allows for easy implementation of multimedia applications using a variety of technologies, such as DirectX 11, OpenGL, and OpenCL and facilitates an efficient interop between them.
- Windows® 7 (SP1 with the Platform Update), Windows® 8.1, or Windows® 10
- Visual Studio® 2017 or Visual Studio® 2019
- Version 1.4.16: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 20.2.1 or newer. Added the Pre-Analysis component to improve perceptual quality of encoded video.
- Version 1.4.9 or later requires Vulkan SDK for some samples: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/ and AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 (18.30.01.01) or newer. This version supports Linux (see amd.com for driver support)
- Version 1.4.4 or later requires OCLSDKLight: https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK/releases. Previous versions of AMF require the AMD APP SDK (Version 3.0 or later), Windows 10 SDK (Version 10586). This version requires AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.7.2 (17.30.1041) or newer
- Version 1.4: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.1.1 (16.50.2611) or newer
- Version 1.3: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 (16.30.2311) or newer
The AMF framework is compatible with most recent Radeon GPUs starting with the Southern Islands family and APUs of the Kabini, Kaveri, Carrizo families and newer.
- Visual Studio solutions can be found in the
- Additional documentation can be found in the
- To build samples on Linux use 'makefile' in
- FFmpeg is distributed under the terms of the LGPLv2.1.
- AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
- Microsoft, DirectX, Visual Studio, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- OpenGL and the oval logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Silicon Graphics, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries worldwide.
- OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
- Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.