UniFi Controller API client class
A PHP class that provides access to Ubiquiti's UniFi Network Controller API.
UniFi Network Controller software versions 4.X.X, 5.X.X and 6.X.X are supported
(version 6.4.54 has been confirmed to work) as well as UniFi OS-based controllers .
This class is used by our API browser tool which can be found here.
The package can be installed manually or by using
easy inclusion in your projects.
- a server with:
- PHP version 5.5.0 or higher
- PHP json and PHP cURL modules
- tested on Apache 2.4 with PHP Version 5.6.1 and cURL 7.42.1 and with PHP 7.2.24 and cURL 7.58.0
- direct network connectivity between this server and the host and port (normally TCP
port 8443 or port 443 for
UniFi OS) where the UniFi Controller is running
- you must use accounts with local access, not pure UniFi Cloud accounts,
to access the UniFi Controller API through this class
UniFi OS Support
Support for UniFi OS-based controllers (UniFi Dream Machine, UniFi Dream Machine Pro
or Cloud Key Gen2/Cloud Key Gen2 Plus with firmware version 2.0.24 or higher) has
been added as of version 1.1.47. The class automatically detects UniFi OS devices and
adjusts URLs and several functions/methods accordingly. If your own code implements strict
validation of the URL that is passed to the constructor, please adapt your logic to
allow URLs without a port suffix or with port 443 when dealing with a UniFi OS-based
Please test all methods you plan on using thoroughly before using the API Client with
UniFi OS devices in a production environment.
Use Composer, Git or simply Download the Release to install the
API client class.
The preferred installation method is through composer.
Follow these installation instructions if you don't have composer
Once composer is installed, simply execute this command from the shell in your project
composer require art-of-wifi/unifi-api-client
Or manually add the package to your composer.json file:
Finally, be sure to include the autoloader in your code:
Execute the following
git command from the shell in your project directory:
git clone https://github.com/Art-of-WiFi/UniFi-API-client.git
When git is done cloning, include the file containing the class like so in your code:
Download the Release
If you prefer not to use composer or git,
simply download the package, uncompress the zip
file, then include the file containing the class in your code like so:
A basic example how to use the class:
* load the class using the composer autoloader
- initialize the UniFi API connection class, log in to the controller and request the alarms collection
- (this example assumes you have already assigned the correct values to the variables used)
$unifi_connection = new UniFi_API\Client($controller_user, $controller_password, $controller_url, $site_id, $controller_version, true);
$login = $unifi_connection->login();
$results = $unifi_connection->list_alarms(); // returns a PHP array containing alarm objects
Please refer to the
examples/ directory for some more detailed examples which can be used as a starting point for your
own PHP code.
- In the above example,
$site_id is the short site "name" (usually 8 characters long) that is visible in the URL when
managing the site in the UniFi Network Controller. For example with this URL:
jl3z2shm is the short site "name" and the value to assign to $site_id.
- The 6th optional parameter that is passed to the constructor in the above example (
true), enables validation of
the controller's SSL certificate which is otherwise disabled by default. It is highly recommended to enable
this feature in production environments where you have a valid SSL cert installed on the UniFi Controller that is
associated with the FQDN in the
controller_url parameter. This option was added with API client version 1.1.16.
The class currently supports the following functions/methods to GET/POST/PUT/DELETE data
through the UniFi Controller API. Please refer to the comments in the source code for
more details on each of the functions/methods and their respective parameters.
- create_apgroup() (supported with controller versions 6.0.X and higher)
- delete_apgroup() (supported with controller versions 6.0.X and higher)
- edit_apgroup() (supported with controller versions 6.0.X and higher)
- forget_sta() (supported on controller version 5.9.X and higher)
- list_apgroups() (supported with controller versions 6.0.X and higher)
- list_aps() (deprecated but still available as alias)
- listradiusaccounts() (supported on controller version 5.5.19 and higher)
- list_tags() (supported on controller version 5.5.19 and higher)
- restart_ap() (deprecated but still available as alias)
- setelementadoption() (supported on controller version 5.13.X and higher)
- setipssettings_base() (supported on controller version 5.9.10 and higher)
- setlocateap() (deprecated but still available as alias)
- site_ledsoff() (deprecated but still available as alias)
- site_ledson() (deprecated but still available as alias)
- stat5minutesaps() (supported on controller version 5.5.X and higher)
- stat5minutesgateway() (supported on controller version 5.7.X and higher)
- stat5minutessite() (supported on controller version 5.5.X and higher)
- stat5minutesuser (supported on controller version 5.7.X and higher)
- statdailygateway() (supported on controller version 5.7.X and higher)
- statdailyuser() (supported on controller version 5.7.X and higher)
- stathourlygateway() (supported on controller version 5.7.X and higher)
- stathourlyuser() (supported on controller version 5.7.X and higher)
- statipsevents() (supported on controller version 5.9.10 and higher)
- unsetlocateap() (deprecated but still available as alias)
Other functions, getters/setters:
- getcookie() (renamed from getcookie(), deprecated but still available, use getcookies() instead)
Need help or have suggestions?
There is still work to be done to add functionality and further improve the usability of
this class, so all suggestions/comments are welcome. Please use the GitHub
issue list or the Ubiquiti
Community forums (https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/PHP-class-to-access-the-UniFi-controller-API-updates-and/td-p/1512870)
to share your suggestions and questions.
If you would like to contribute code (improvements), please open an issue and include
your code there or else create a pull request.
This class is based on the initial work by the following developers:
- domwo: https://community.ui.com/questions/little-php-class-for-unifi-api/933d3fb3-b401-4499-993a-f9af079a4a3a
- fbagnol: https://github.com/fbagnol/class.unifi.php
and the API as published by Ubiquiti:
Many of the functions in this API client class are not officially supported by Ubiquiti
and as such, may not be supported in future versions of the UniFi Controller API.